What do you like best about this blog?

Thursday 3 April 2014

Hip- hops Future- Predictions, Doubts and Forbes List.




Hip- hop; from humble beginnings to being arguably the most popular genre of today, hip- hop has endured and changed throughout time. Different styles, flows, instrumentals, instruments and even the trend of blending genres are a part of the hip- hop we see today. Like many guys in my generation, I grew up on hip- hop so it holds a very close and dear part of my heart. This love I have for hip- hop has brought me to this post, the last post I will be doing on this blog. 


In this post I want to discuss and try to come to terms with the hip- hop world I expect to see in the next few years.The main trend in hip- hop today, is just the actual sound of hip- hop/ rap. Before, beats were made using DJ’s who cut samples and created sounds. Today, this still takes place; however, it is much different process with a much different end product. If you haven’t noticed already, hip- hop is starting to merge with electronic/ rave- type sounds with emphasis on bass more than lyrics. I guess my biggest worry is just lyrical content moving forward; the new beats I can live with, but the artistry must remain intact. 

Here’s a look at the top 5 richest rappers in the world right now and moving forward.
 
1.      P- Diddy- ($500 million)
2.      Jay- Z- ($450 million)
3.      Dr. Dre- ($250 million)
4.      Birdman- ($110 million)
5.      50 Cent- ($100 million)

I was pretty surprised to see 50 cents name among the top dogs, but the other guys are seemingly right where they should be. Hip- hops future is very bright and never in doubt; I mean, hip- hop has survived a lot and is capable of over-coming anything really. Thanks for your time and support guys!!
 
One Love,





http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45fjdk/5-curtis-50-cent-jackson-100-million/

No comments:

Post a Comment