What do you like best about this blog?

Thursday 23 January 2014

Hip-hop Today



Hello and welcome to hip-hop weekly; this week is a pretty interesting one for me. Not only have I enjoyed and looked forward to a lot of new music that’s coming out, but I also read an article that really pertains to some of my personal views and perception of the “game” and how it is today. It’s a frequently talked about thing, and if you’re a true fan you most likely have an opinion on the matter. I would love to hear those, but first allow me to state mine.

Hip-hop is a genre unlike any other; the genre has roots in so many other genres’, so its sound is virtually infinite with possibilities. However, sometimes music becomes a little to manufactured and mathematical. Much rather; music is an extension of the soul in my humble opinion and I love to hear raw, unique and innovative flows and lyrics. When a song does well, its pretty apparent that artists will try and capture the same kind of sound to produce the same kind of results and a lot of times the songs sound the same. This is completely because music is an industry, they have to work with what does well and ride trends but I think it is important to push the envelope with this genre and support artists that do just that. I don’t think hip-hop is any real trouble, as long as the right artists get the proper support to produce new and more innovative music. Big up’s to trend setters, in that spirit, here are my 3 songs of the week.

1.       The motion- Drake
2.       Nothin’ but a party- Zapp and Roger
3.       Stronger- Kanye West 

No comments:

Post a Comment