What do you like best about this blog?

Thursday 20 February 2014

Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine donate $70 million for Academy.



Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre donate huge amount to the Universtity of South California for an Academy that will help mold the minds of future stars.  Although this news its a bit dated, I consider a relevant example of business in the world of hip- hop and how to otherwise remain relevant in a genre with aging legends and new rappers with a new sound.
 What would you do if you were just absolutely filthy rich? If you were to ask me; I would say, help all my family and friends, by a nice house and car and the rest I would put towards something that can truly help those less fortunate.
When I saw this article I thought the number to be a little modest (winky face), but donating $70 million to University of Southern California in hopes to mold future generations is definitely a start. Leaving a legacy does not only mean the personal accomplishments in your career; instead, it is also leaving and leading future generations to be able to be successful in the industry. I don’t think anyone could ever really duplicate the success that either Dr. Dre or Jimmy Iovine, yet I find certain artist just get rich and leave when they aren’t relevant anymore. It’s a really good thing to recognize how lucky and responsible you are to support the guys starting from the bottom, and in turn the industry that enabled your success grows and evolves.

I thought it fitting to dedicate the next 3 songs of my playlist, to songs that Dr. Dre and Jimmy brought to us. If you haven’t listened to Dr. Dre tracks in a while, it’s cool to go back and appreciate everything he had a hand in.

Tracks:


1.      Forgot about Dre- Dr. Dre ft. Eminem 

2.      Still Dre- Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg 

3.      Express Yourself- N.W.A. 














http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/dr-dre-and-jimmy-iovine-to-donate-s70-million-to-usc-for-new-academy-news.5677.html

No comments:

Post a Comment