What do you like best about this blog?

Thursday 13 February 2014

Leave hip-hop alone.. haha


How’s everyone doing, it’s another week and that means another blog post. This week I decided to try and touch base on some more serious topics that pertain to the music I and you love. This week I want to talk about hip-hop and weather it is the very thing that is ruining the youth of today, and I also wanted to talk about a few songs I will be adding to my blog playlist.

Ever since man-kind has been coming together as a society there has been conflict, and it seems to be one thing that man won’t ever seem to evolve from. The wild thing to me though, is the fact that responsibility is something you don’t have to take when we were raised in societies where the first thing they do is point to something or someone else. To say that hip-hop or rap music, or any music for that matter, is a main factor when some lunatic takes a gun and shoots a mall up or something. It seems to me that instead of looking at things like mental health, family issues, abusive relationships and trying to find out where along the lines this soul got so misguided; it’s easier to say he was listening to Eminem before doing what he did. I am by no means saying that certain music does not make one fantasies about a certain lifestyle, but listening to gangster rap never made me want to cap some fool. This is a complicated topic, so I am now more than ever, looking forward to hearing some feedback from you guys! Here are this week’s songs to be added to the playlist, some music that shows the power this genre truly has.
1.       No more guns allowed- Snoop Lion ft. Drake
2.       Promise land- Damian Marley ft. Nas 
3.       That thing- Lauryn Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment